DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
GENERAL WORK HOURS VARIED M-F, some weekends
Omaha Conservatory of Music, a premier music education and performance center, is seeking an organized, motivated, and enthusiastic individual to develop and execute the marketing strategy for the organization. The Marketing Director will report to and partner closely with the Executive Director to achieve the Omaha Conservatory of Music’s mission to build a musical community through education and performance opportunities to enrich lives. The Marketing Director will have strategic input and leadership responsibility for all aspects of marketing including print materials, social platforms, website management, media appearances and advertising.
- Ensure internal and external marketing materials are on brand and align with current strategy
- Help create and manage the annual marketing budget with input from program directors
- Develop, implement, and track marketing efforts for new and existing programs to increase awareness, generate enrollment, and inspire donations
- Create annual production calendar for all marketing materials
- Implement the marketing strategy across multiple platforms - including print publications, donor communications, email, social media, website, video, and paid digital strategies
- Oversee the day to day activities of the marketing team
- Analyze the competitive environment, customer trends, and customer experiences to adapt marketing strategy as needed.
- Provide and/or edit fundraising materials for the Development Department to achieve fundraising goals
- Work closely with Educational Programming and Community Engagement Directors to define needs and content of marketing materials for programs
- Meet regularly with direct report(s): Graphic Design Specialist
- Manage vendor relationships and outsourced marketing projects
- Supervise media relationships with key reporters and thought leaders resulting in consistent earned media placements
- Manage website and social media platforms to improve organizational recognition, audience reach, and involvement
- Meet with community advertising personnel to promote the Conservatory on various media platforms
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director to report on marketing impact across all platforms and strategic planning initiatives
- Solve complex problems using creative thinking and data-driven insights
- Attend the Development/Marketing committee board meetings Work closely with the leadership team to ensure the success of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and resolve problems independently
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and organizations, including faculty, staff, customers, and community partners
- A strong sense of accountability and integrity with initiative to grow personally
- Excellent analytical ability, leadership and organizational skills including priority setting, managing teams, and decision making
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with software platforms, including InDesign, Photoshop, MailChimp, and ExpressionEngine
Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications, journalism or related field, or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of 5 years related experience in areas of responsibility required, non-profit arts preferred. Proven track record of success in lead marketing roles.
Salary: $55,000 minimum and benefits. Compensation based on experience and skills.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with references to Ruth Meints, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position is filled, screening to begin immediately.
String Sprouts • teachers & assistants
Seeking motivated, reliable, and enthusiastic strings teachers for the groundbreaking String Sprouts program.
Teachers will need to be proficient on the violin, excellent at working with young (pre-K) children, and have significant musical and/or educational training. Responsibilities include: teaching students with a positive attitude, following the provided curriculum, and monitoring your classroom administrative and equipment needs.
Minimum of Masters degree and/or four years related experience in areas of responsibility preferred. Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume with references to Candace Jorgensen, Director of Education & Community Engagement, Omaha Conservatory of Music, 7023 Cass St., Omaha, NE 68132.
E-mail to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
The Omaha Conservatory of Music is seeking strong candidates to fill an artist-faculty position in piano. The ideal candidate will be an excellent teacher and player whose teaching will include evening and weekend hours, as well as organized, dependable, collegial and have excellent people skills and judgment.
Minimum of Masters degree and/or four years related experience in areas of responsibility preferred. Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume with references to Ruth Meints, Executive Director, Omaha Conservatory of Music, 7023 Cass Street, Omaha NE 68132 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anti-Discrimination Policy – Omaha Conservatory of Music continues its firm commitment to the principle of equal employment opportunity. We provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation or any other prohibited basis of discrimination under applicable local, state or federal law. We make employment decisions consistent with this principle of equal opportunity. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.